The Scientific Council is an Advisory body of Republican Governmental Enterprise “M. Aitkhozhin Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry” (hereinafter Institute), on the development of innovative research and production and economic activities, fundamental and applied research in the field of biological and medical Sciences.
In its activities, the Scientific Council is guided by the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated February 18, 2011 “On science”, sectoral programs, other normative legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of science, as well as the Charter of the Institute and this regulation.
Regulations on the Scientific Council approved by order 21-a/П of 15 February 2019
The main tasks of the Scientific Council
- Consideration of scientific and (or) scientific and technical activities of the Institute, development of proposals for its improvement and recommendations.
- Assistance in implementation of priority directions of scientific, technical and innovative activity of the Republic of Kazakhstan, defined by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Review of strategic and current plans of the Institute.
- Consideration of issues on the interaction of the Institute with other scientific organizations, higher education institutions, the scientific community to participate in the formation and implementation of the unified state scientific and technical policy.
- Consideration of the development of innovation and commercialization of scientific results of the Institute.
- Study and development of proposals for improvement in the organization of research works.
- Participation in the popularization and promotion of the results of scientific and technical activities, promotion of their commercialization.
- Promotion of international scientific and technical cooperation of the Institute.
- Development of proposals for the effective work of the Institute and its structural units.
Functions of the Scientific Council
- Discuss and make recommendations on the main activities of the Institute in order to implement the priority areas of scientific, scientific-technical and innovative activities defined by higher organizations.
- Consider scientific concepts, proposals for programs of scientific and (or) scientific and technical development, legislative and other normative acts in the field of science.
- Consider and make recommendations on approval and implementation of project plans carried out within the framework of research programs, research and development works, practical implementation of their results, training of scientific personnel, publications of scientific works.
- Review and make recommendations for approval of reports on the results of projects carried out within the framework of the current research programs and production activities of the Institute and its structural units.
- Consider issues of cooperation with other scientific organizations, higher educational institutions.
- Hear the reports on scientific, scientific and technical activities of structural units, their managers and individual researchers.
- Assess the status and progress of research projects implemented by the Institute. Provides assistance in solving current issues related to scientific topics.
- Discuss issues of international cooperation of the Institute, the progress of research carried out jointly with foreign organizations, hears reports of employees on foreign scientific trips.
- Discuss issues related to training and advanced training of scientific personnel; systematically hears reports of scientists on their work on training of scientific personnel.
- Present scientific works, scientific discoveries and inventions for state awards and prizes.
- Present candidates for the assignment of scientists and honorary titles to the scientific staff of the Institute, who contributed to the development of science.
- Recommend for publication the scientific works of individual authors and teams and employees.
- Discuss issues and makes recommendations on improving the management of the Institute, as well as on the effective use of funds for research and development (hereinafter – Research and Development work).
- Exercise of other powers in accordance with this Regulation and internal documents of the Institute.
The composition of the Scientific Council
|Kamalidin Sharipov||General director, doctor of biological sciences, chairman of the board|
|2||Gulnara Ismagulova||Deputy general director, Ph.D., deputy chairman of the board|
|3||Kulyash Iskandarova||Scientific secretary, Ph.D., secretary of the scientific council|
|4||Belkozhaev Ayaz Maratuly||Chairman of the council of young scientists|
|5||Nurshat Abdolla||Acting head of the Laboratory of molecular immunology and immunobiotechnology, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|
|6||Eldar Ashirbekov||Acting head of the Laboratory of structural and functional genomics, member of the scientific council|
|7||Nurlan Galiakparov||Leading researcher of the Laboratory of biotechnology and molecular genetics, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|
|8||Anara Dzumabayeva||Lawyer, Compliance officer, member of the scientific council|
|9||Andrey Zhigailov||Head of the Laboratory of protein and nucleic acids, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|
|10||Ruslan Kryldakov||Senior researcher, Laboratory of protein and nucleic acids, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|
|11||Natalya Malakhova||Head of the Laboratory of plant bioengineering, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|
|12||Ekaterina Ostapchuk||Leading researcher of the Laboratory of molecular immunology and immunobiotechnology, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|
|13||Aidar Khakimzhanov||Head of the Laboratory of grain crops, Ph.D., member of the scientific council|