On November 28-29, 2019, the international scientific conference of young scientists “Fundamental research and innovation in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry” was held, dedicated to the 80th anniversary of the Lenin prize laureate, academician Murat Abenovich Aitkhozhin. The conference was organized by the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry named after M.A. Aitkhozhin.
On the first day of the conference on November 28 in the house of scientists Gylym Ordasy, Director General of the Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry named after M.A. Aitkhozhin, Professor Sharipov Kamalidin Orynbaevich made a presentation on the work of Murat Abenovich Aitkhozhin. He began his speech with the words: “A Thorough analysis of modern trends in the development of science, the search for new approaches to solving fundamental problems, the creation of flexible structures” – President of the Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR M. Aitkhozhin, who, at one time, represented the prospects for the development of Kazakhstan’s science. These words have not lost their relevance at the present time, which indicates the genius of the person who uttered them. He believed in the creative power of fundamental science, which should be at the head of, as they say now, the innovative development of any state. Academician M. Aitkhozhin is the founder of molecular biology and biotechnology in Kazakhstan, the founder of the school of molecular biologists. One of the priorities of its activity was the training of young scientists. He developed lecture courses on selected chapters of biochemistry and molecular biology for students of the biological faculty of the Kazakh state University. Currently, the Institute remains the base for training bachelors, masters and PhD-doctoral students in the specialties “biology” and “biotechnology”.
- Sharipov especially noted the merit of academician Nagima Abenovna Aitkhozhina, who made a huge contribution to the establishment and development of the Institute, an outstanding scientist and organizer, who headed the Institute for the last 3 decades. Thanks to her innovative approach and organization of work, the Institute has developed new areas-molecular and population genetics, human and plant genomes, ethno-and paleogenomics, molecular medicine and molecular immunology, space biotechnology, proteomics. New laboratories were opened: plant genome, structural and functional genomics, molecular immunology and immunobiotechnology.
He also dwelt on the scientific developments of leading scientists who worked at the Institute at different times, and thanks to which the Institute was formed as the leading research center in Kazakhstan in molecular biology and genetics, molecular medicine and immunology, biochemistry and biotechnology, these are scientists: T.B. Darkanbayev, L.K. Klyshev, M.K. Gilmanov, R.A. Kunaeva, B.K. Iskakov, O.V. Fursov, N.N. Belyaev, A.A. Khakimzhanov, Zh.K. Zhardemali, T.S. Balmukhanov.
In conclusion, the Director General outlined the prospects for the development of the Institute: “Despite the successes achieved, to date, the Institute of molecular biology and biochemistry. M. Aitkhozhin, faces modern challenges of scientific and technological, innovative development and commercialization of scientific products. Aware of the criticality of these challenges, our priority steps in response are:
- generation of new ideas, knowledge and their authorization;
- production of competitive scientific products, its commercialization;
- implementation of research in the field of systems biology and biotechnology;
- development of projects in the field of personalized medicine;
- development of dual education.
At the same time, the most important task of the Institute is to develop human resources, attract highly qualified specialists, form a generation of young scientists and strengthen the scientific potential of Kazakhstan to enter the thirty developed countries of the world.”
After the report of the head of the Institute in greetings to young scientists and memories of the work of M. Aitkhozhin made:
- President of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Kazakhstan
academician Murat Zhurinovich Zhurinov;
- The first Vice-rector of Al-Farabi Kazakh National University, Professor
Mukhambetkali Myrzabaevich Burkitbayev;
- academician of NAS RK Izbasar Rakhimbayevich Rakhimbayev;
- Professor Rauza Milliakhmedovna Kunaevа;
- President’s advisor of NAS RK Nadezhda Vasilyevna Neretina;
- Head of laboratory of protein and nucleic acids of IMBB, Professor Bulat
The speakers told about the scientist and about the human qualities of Murat
Abenovich, his vision of the development of science in Kazakhstan, care for young scientists.
In the second part of the first day of the conference the works were reported:
- Ostapchuk E.O. – PhD, leading researcher of IMBB;
- Skiba Yu.А. – PhD, senior researcher of IMBB;
- Guliuta I.A. – post-graduate student, junior researcher, Establishment of
Health «National Anti–Doping Laboratory» (Republic of Belarus, Minsk);
- Zhigailov A.V. – PhD, leading researcher of IMBB;
- Ashirbekov E.E. – acting laboratory (IMBB);
- Alzhanuly B. – PhD-doctoral student, junior researcher of IMBB;
- Klyueva Yu.N. – senior lecturer, Department of Medical Biochemistry and
Biophysics, Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N. Yeltsin (Russia, Yekaterinburg);
- Tastanbekov D.B. – PhD-doctoral student, The Kazakh National Research
Technical University after K.I. Satpaev;
- Rita-Zhukovskaya E.Ya. – junior researcher, Establishment of Health
«National Anti–Doping Laboratory» (Republic of Belarus, Minsk);
- Murtazina A.S. – PhD-doctoral student, Asfendiyarov Kazakh National
- Babariko D.V. – master’s student, junior researcher, Establishment of Health
«National Anti–Doping Laboratory» (Republic of Belarus, Minsk);
- Abilbaeva A.A. – PhD-doctoral student, Asfendiyarov Kazakh National
The meeting of the second day of the conference (November 29, 2019) was held at the M. Aitkhozhin Institute of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.
Presentations were made:
- Rogacheva E.V. – junior researcher at the PasteurInstitute
of Epidemiology and Microbiology (Russia, St. Petersburg);
- Melisbek A.M. – researcher, Research Institute for Biological Safety
Problems, Gvardeiskiy (Kazakhstan, Zhambyl region);
- Abdolla N. – PhD-doctoral student, IMBB;
- Muzychenko I.A. – specialist of embryology laboratory, Institute of
Reproductive Medicine, The Kazakh National Research Technical University after K.I. Satpaev;
- Abildaev A.O. – junior researcher of IMBB;
- Khudaykulov I.R. – bachelor of Kazakh-Russian Medical University.
According to the results of the competition of the best poster reports
Marchenkov A.M., Bisenbay A.A. and Ostapchuk E.O. received prizes – a book of memories of M. Aitkhozhin, provided by family members.
Participants and guests of the conference noted the worthy organization of the international scientific conference of young scientists “Fundamental research and innovation in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry”. The main purpose of the conference is to find out what areas of research are currently being developed by young scientists, to reveal the potential of young scientists, to discuss the possibilities of scientific cooperation.
The conference participants presented reports on all five scientific areas – “Molecular biology”, “Biochemistry”, “Immunology”, “Personalized medicine” and “System biology”. The reports showed that the participants are well-versed in the topics chosen for research, many of which are also topics of doctoral and master’s works.
At the end of the conference the participants adopted the following proposals:
- Apply to the Science Committee of the Ministry of Education and Science of Kazakhstan on the restoration of the prize for young scientists named after academician M. Aitkhozhin in biological Sciences;
- Conduct regular Aitkhozhin readings in molecular biology, biochemistry and biotechnology.
The resolution was approved by all participants of the international scientific conference of young scientists “Fundamental research and innovation in molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemistry”.